Nathan,
We are not currently normalizing at the file level, but we want to.  We
had a programmer write a script for us, and it did work, but then the
programmer left and the changes never got incorporated into our workflow
(someday...)

My feeling is that it can't hurt if you have an easy way to do it.
Dates are very hard to search/browse with unless normalized, so if you
can have the data, then I think it could be useful. The publishing
options will come...

Jennie
~*~
Jennie Levine Knies