Some of our older collections have their correspondence arranged chronologically; the finding aid then includes, at the end, an index to correspondence, in this form:

Acevedo, Cristobal de
	1962 Feb 5
	1962 Mar 16
	1962 Sep 10
American Oxonian
	1947 Mar 13 (Denham Sutcliffe)
Amis, Kingsley, 1922-
	1957 Nov 9
	1958 Jan 6
	1958 Jan 21
	1958 Aug 22
...etc.

We want this included in our finding aid, and we want "Index to correspondence" to appear in the auto-generated table of contents.  Unfortunately, the <index> construction in EAD requires the <ref target=""> element, more suitable for traditional indexes with page numbers; it doesn't really work for something like this.

So I'm wondering if, and if so how, others have chosen to encode such indexes to correspondence.  As a simple nested list?  In a separate file as a related finding aid?  Other options?

Thanks --

Michele

(be green - don't print this email!)
Michele Combs