I like your display of the index - takes up much less space than our nested lists.  Thanks!

Michele

From: Encoded Archival Description List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Deena Schwimmer
Sent: Friday, May 21, 2010 9:46 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Index to correspondence?

Michele,

We do the same thing as Susan describes below.  For example,  http://libfindaids.yu.edu:8082/xtf/view?docId=ead/henrymorais/henrymorais.xml

As I read the description of <ref> in the tag library, it can be used to provide a dynamic link, or to direct the reader from a descriptive note to a specific component.

Deena

________

Deena Schwimmer, Archivist

Yeshiva University Archives

mail: 500 W. 185th St., New York, NY 10033 / interoffice: MGL 602

email: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> / phone: (212) 960-5451 / fax: (212) 960-0066