Good morning,

I'd like to take a quick and extremely informal survey.  How many institutions are normalizing dates at the file level?  My past institution only normalized dates at the top, series, and subseries levels.  The rational was that it's not worth the time to normalize at the file level because there aren't enough publishing options available that utilize the data.  (Plus, there's a script to normalize dates if it's needed.)  My current institution is looking at best practices for our encoding and I'd be interested to hear what others are doing .

Thanks,
Nathan Tallman