Hi Alison,

(Sorry for the late reply!)

That certainly seems like a good idea. I was thinking that it seems useful to have the location, or
co-ordinates, within with EAD - something whereby you could create visualisations based on the
content within the EAD descriptions.

Mark's example, with Terry's modification, was:

<geogname rules="ncarules">Bristol
<extptr linktype="simple" actuate="actuatenone" show="shownone" xlink:role="OSGBGridRef"
href="http://data.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/id/100mgridsquare/ST590730"/>
</geogname>

I'm thinking that whilst this is a URI, it also includes the identifier for Bristol (ST590730), so
that you could use this information visually. Maybe you could do the same with the IDs within your
exmaple? (FID:875378). I'm a bit unsure - I'm not a programmer :0)

I suppose I'm thinking that there are two uses of the data (i) for a user to go and find out more
and (ii) for us to create nice visualisations based on geographic data. Does that make sense?

cheers,
Jane.