Nathan,

We leave the handling of the institutional logo to our style sheet, however we do embed a specific image from each collection into the EAD that is then positioned via the style sheet.  You can see the ead-xml source code of any of our findings aids using the ‘view source’ function in your browser.  http://www.providence.edu/Archives/Browse+the+Collections.htm

Since the institutional logo is not part of any of our collections, I wouldn’t consider using it in the ead, unless the collection was the institutional records that the logo represented.

Hope that helps.

Russell Franks

Librarian

Special and Archival Collections