Thank you everyone for the great comments and discussion.  That's what I love about this list, out of all the professional lists I subscribe to, this one has to be the best.  Great discussions and members are always willing to help each other out.

The feedback you provided has given me many reasons to implement Analytics within our finding aids, supplementing the existing Analytics for our website.  We use Dreamweaver to work on our website, but I haven't used the global change feature before.  Thanks for the tip Sharon.  Also, this discussion definitely made me think more about finding aid usability in light of Google driven discovery.  I really like Joyce's idea for including an note explaining what a finding aid is.

One specific question:  How are you getting the Analytics code into your transformed finding aids?  Jennie mentioned that she uses an include footer (I assume this is PHP driven?).  Is anyone including the code in their stylesheet?  How about for places who use an XML database or homegrown system for finding aid searching?

Thanks,
Nathan