We plan to include our finding aids in a regional repository that uses its own stylesheet.  If the logo is encoded in the EAD file, than it can still be displayed, sans institutional stylesheet.  That's the logic, but as I said, I'm just experimenting at this point.

Nathan Tallman

On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 11:23 AM, Mark A. Matienzo <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 10:42 AM, Nathan Tallman <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> I'm currently experimenting with embedding our institutional logo in the
> finding aid, rather than relying on the stylesheet to insert it.  Has anyone
> else taken this approach?

Out of curiosity, why are you choosing this approach? In my opinion,
it's easier to manage potential changes in the stylesheet than it is
within the EAD.

Mark A. Matienzo
Digital Archivist, Manuscripts and Archives
Yale University Library