Dear friends,
Many of you have worked with my friend and colleague, Ron Clowney, in the past.  It is with great sadness that I inform you of Ron's passing in May.  Ron fought a valiant battle with cancer and kidney issues and passed away rather peacefully with his entire family by his side (including his beloved boxer, "Porkchop")

Many have asked about an address for cards and they can be sent to Ron's sister :
Marna Clowney
1514 Brookfield Drive
Ann Arbor, MI 48103

There is also some good news to share.........

I am very pleased to announce that ProQuest has developed a named Spectrum Scholarship in honor of Ron Clowney, former ProQuest Vice President who passed away last month.

[X]

The Spectrum Scholarship Program is the American Library Association's national diversity and recruitment effort.  This highly regarded Program is designed to address the under-representation of ethnic librarians within the profession.

The Ron Clowney Spectrum Scholar will receive a $5000 scholarship, the opportunity to participate in the ALA Spectrum Leadership Institute and ALA conferences, and additional valuable professional benefits.  You can learn more about the Spectrum Scholarship program on the ALA website<http://www.ala.org/ala/aboutala/offices/diversity/spectrum/scholarshipinformation.cfm>. It is our intent to make this an annual scholarship.

Ron devoted his career to serving the needs of librarians and spent the last 25 years with ProQuest.  He was a widely known and popular member of the library community.  We believe this tribute honors his values and is a fitting memorial to his life.

Ron will be greatly missed here at his ProQuest 'home' and throughout the library community.

Thank you for your time and well wishes.

Susan

Susan Brock

Senior Account Executive
ProQuest
800-521-0600 x4090
734-997-4090
800-308-1586 fax
ProQuest..........Start Here!
All purchase contracts must include FAR 52.213.2
* Please consider the environment before printing this email

Any purchase contract that includes the commercial items clause 52.212-4 must incorporate the ProQuest Electronic Products CSA License Agreement (Or you may return a signed copy of the same license agreement)