At 02:13 PM 6/2/2010, Bob Hall wrote:
>I will do anything in my power to differentiate a name.  I have
>received calls from irate professors regarding their collocation in
>the catalog, "I am a Nuclear Physicist.  Why am I lumped-together in
>your catalog with a genealogist and an art history author."

Indeed.  I find that most authors, when the situation is explained to
them in simple and positive terms are happy to supply birth date,
middle name or whatever, to avoid having their works lumped with some
other person.  It's the rare person who says "I don't care about the
consequences, I'm not telling you anything."

Gary L. Strawn, Authorities Librarian, etc.
Northwestern University Library, 1970 Campus Drive, Evanston IL 60208-2300
e-mail: [log in to unmask]   voice: 847/491-2788<--now even
newer!   fax: 847/491-8306
Forsan et haec olim meminisse iuvabit.         BatchCat version: 2007.11.1127