**Apologies for cross-postings**

It is my pleasure to call for nominations for a new Vice Chair/Chair Elect
of the EAD Roundtable.

The newly elected Vice Chair/Chair Elect will serve for one year as Vice
Chair then proceed to serve as Chair for the following year. The primary
responsibilities of the Vice Chair are:
-Supporting the Chair with administrative tasks, including planning the
annual meeting
-Acting as webmaster, which includes maintenance of the EAD Help Pages

The chair is responsible for:
-All administrative tasks, including information sharing, coordinating
elections, and planning and leading the annual meeting
-Acting as a liaison to other groups and to SAA leadership
-Serving as an ex officio member on the Technical Subcommittee for Encoded
Archival Description (TS-EAD) of the Standards Committee

Roundtable leadership is a great way to become acquainted with the inner
workings of SAA and to get to know your EAD colleagues. If you are
interested in nominating someone for this position, please send me his or
her name, email address, and institutional affiliation. Self-nominations are
also encouraged. All candidates will be asked to provide a brief statement.
*Nominations will be accepted until July 26, 2010.*

If you would like additional information about the responsibilities of the
Vice Chair and Chair, please contact me ([log in to unmask]) or current
Vice Chair John Nemmers ([log in to unmask])

Best,
Jacquelyn Ferry
Chair, EAD Roundtable