For unitdate, the RLG best practices document mentions three kinds: bulk, inclusive, and single.  (See page 14 here http://www.oclc.org/research/activities/past/rlg/ead/bpg.pdf ).  However, the EAD Tag Library only mentions bulk and inclusive (see http://www.loc.gov/ead/tglib/elements/unitdate.html ).

Is 'single' in fact a legitimate option for the 'type' attribute?  Since the RLG BP also says the type attribute is mandatory, we've just been using type=inclusive for all dates regardless, but now that I've noticed this in the RLG doc, it's made me wonder.

Michele

(be green - don't print this email!)
Michele Combs
Manuscripts Librarian