-----Original Message-----
From: Encoded Archival Description List
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Michele R Combs
Sent: Wednesday, July 28, 2010 10:49 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Question about unitdate type attribute

For unitdate, the RLG best practices document mentions three
kinds: bulk, inclusive, and single.  (See page 14 here
http://www.oclc.org/research/activities/past/rlg/ead/bpg.pdf ).
However, the EAD Tag Library only mentions bulk and inclusive (see
http://www.loc.gov/ead/tglib/elements/unitdate.html ).

Is 'single' in fact a legitimate option for the 'type' attribute?
Since the RLG BP also says the type attribute is mandatory, we've
just been using type=inclusive for all dates regardless, but now
that I've noticed this in the RLG doc, it's made me wonder.

Michele

(be green - don't print this email!)
Michele Combs
Manuscripts Librarian