In double checking, the 17.5mm mag generally ran at 45ft/min (half 35mm speed) on those dubbing stages of the past.
Rod

--- On Thu, 8/19/10, Tom Fine <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

From: Tom Fine <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] help: 16MM mag sound film
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Thursday, August 19, 2010, 1:46 PM

35mm actually allows up to 6 tracks on full-coat, with many other varients:
http://frank.mtsu.edu/~smpte/table.html
I've seen one-track, 3-track, 4-track and 6-track 35mm mag-film recorders and dubbers.

I've never seen a 16mm full-coat mag-film, just 17.5mm. I'm sure 16mm exists, I'm just not sure of any standard formats as far as tracks. I assume single-track was definitely an option.

-- Tom Fine

----- Original Message ----- From: "Roderic G Stephens" <[log in to unmask]>