It's been many years since I've spent any real time looking at it. I
dropped by to visit him (and purchase a fabulous Sonora Louis XV Art
Case phonograph that must have come out of some movie star's estate)
about 4 years ago and he offered me his inventory at that time. But
as you know, I have no use for records just for the sake of records -
I go through 100 discs to get 5. So I declined.

At 06:58 PM 8/19/2010, you wrote:
>So, Kurt, what do you think his stock is worth?
>
>Cary Ginell
>
> > Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 11:08:17 -0500
> > From: [log in to unmask]
> > Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] music man murray record collection &
> Murray Gershenz,
> > To: [log in to unmask]
> >
> > At 12:23 PM 8/18/2010, you wrote:
> > >The point differentiating "stock" from "collection" is well-taken in
> > >this case. To my knowledge, Murray as never been anything but a
> > >shopkeeper. He has no private collection to my knowledge and really
> > >isn't all that concerned with the finer points of discographical
> > >research as are serious collectors. He never worked hard to make his
> > >a better business. He just opened his doors and expected to sell his
> > >schlock for whatever ridiculous prices he posted on them. He has
> > >been reviled in L.A. for decades as being a grumpy, mean, brusque,
> > >and difficult person.
> >
> > I can't speak to anyone else's experience, but I've known Murray for
> > years and have gotten some great records from him at very fair
> > prices. We've always gotten along very well, and I've enjoyed my
> > visits to his shop and his home. I will agree with Cary on one point,
> > however. His old shop on Santa Monica Blvd was definitely in a dicey
> > area. One day while I was inside haggling with Murray, someone broke
> > into my truck and stole my briefcase!
> >

> > Kurt Nauck
> > c/o Nauck's Vintage Records
> > 22004 Sherrod Ln.