http://www.folklib.net/graphics/45s/oriole_110a.gif
http://www.folklib.net/graphics/45s/oriole_110b.gif
http://www.folklib.net/graphics/45s/oriole_110j1.gif
http://www.folklib.net/graphics/45s/oriole_110j2.gif

      As part of the scanning I've been doing of my Wisconsin collection
since January, I just did the above 78.

"Imprimatur: MOYSES E. KILEY, Archeipiscorpus Milwaukinesis, Milwakiae, die
2 Julii, 1946."

      Can anyone translate this?  Is this the recording date, the release
date, or something else?  The 78 and its jacket have no other date on
them.  The jacket is not cardboard, but a heavy paper sleeve with a back
flap that was probably originally tucked in and not glued.  There is no
sign that the flap was originally outside and sealed with tape.

Oriole Records Corporation, 2134 S. Wabash Ave., Chicago 17, IL
    St. Joseph Convent Choir recorded at Alverno College, Milwaukee, WI,
with narration on side 1 by Jim Ameche
    Queen of Our Country / Our Lady of the Rosary
    110-A / 110-B, E1-QB-13152 / E1-QB-13153

      A Google search for "Oriole Records Corporation" results only in an
ad on p. 36 of the Google book for the 9-23-1950, Vol. 62, No. 38 issue of
"The Billboard".  That's where I found its street address.

    However, an "Oriole Records" search finds Wikipedia pages for labels in
the US and in the UK, but not the one in Chicago.  The "Jack Staulcup
Orchestra" page mentions "Oriole Records in Chicago", but Wikipedia has no
page for it.  What were the founded and closed dates for this third label
with the same name.

      I have been told that every 78 that ever existed has been documented
somewhere on-line and/or in print.  I can't find it on the Web.  Where in
print is the discography that lists this 78, and hopefully every other
recording ever made at Alverno College?  The only other one I have is
Mag-Na-Craft M80P-9177/8, "Organ Noel", an undated LP by Sister M.
Theophane, O.S.F., Director of Music at Alverno.

http://www.folklib.net/graphics/45s/mag-na-craft_9177.gif
http://www.folklib.net/graphics/45s/mag-na-craft_9178.gif

PS: A work in progress, neither of these titles are installed on my site yet.
Doug Henkle - mailto:[log in to unmask]
P.O. Box 1447, Oshkosh, WI 54903-1447

      All Labelographies created so far:
http://www.folklib.net/folklib_site_map.shtml#WI_Labelography