From: "George, Stephanie" <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Thu, August 26, 2010 9:38:09 AM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Chicago's Oriole Records #110

<< Imprimatur: MOYSES E. KILEY, Archeipiscorpus Milwaukinesis, Milwakiae, die 2
Julii, 1946.">>

This is the imprimatur (or "stamp of approval") from the Roman Catholic
archdiocese of Milwaukee, (via the archbishop at the time, Moyses E. Keley) that
the content conforms to the teachings and dogma of the RC Church.
Interestingly, I've seen imprimaturs for text publications, but never for a
sound recording.  My guess is that the date is the day on which the imprimatur
was signed.

Stephanie

Stephanie George
Archivist