The June 2010 issue of the Southwest Airlines magazine Spirit had an article entited "Tune Tied" p. 66. The article was about making neckties from old cassette tape. by Alyce Santoro and Julio Cesar. I clipped the article, apparently available from sonicfabric.com for $120. Supposedly it does sound when a tape head is run across it.

Dr. Cheryl Thurber

email: [log in to unmask]

--- On Thu, 8/5/10, Lou Judson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

From: Lou Judson <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Use or recycling of 1/4" acetate tapes on 7" reels?
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Thursday, August 5, 2010, 11:26 AM

We send old unusable tape to the local computer recycling center. I dont' know what they really sdo with it, but they guarantee it won
t go to landfill or be shipped overseas to places with weak environmental procedures...

Search for conputer recycling - I found this in PA:
<http://eleminc.com/>

I had boxes and boxes of videotapes, and out local center sends the tape one place and the platic cases to recycling. It is better than the trash can!

And no, there are few uses for it now as audio tape... except as a curiosity for collectors!

<L>
Lou Judson
Intuitive Audio
415-883-2689