If the pre-1/1/1978 issues were not registered for copyright, they are in
the public domain. The law is pretty clear on that.

Post-1977 issues are "orphan works," I guess. It is possible too, that
authors of the articles in the post-1977 issues may claim rights. It's
doubtful that Lenny had a written contract with any of them.

Personally, if they're worth publishing, I think they ought to be a website,
not a CD-ROM. Completion of the scanning and publication of the index and/or
scans would qualify for support of an ARSC Research Grant, no?

Sam