It is, or always was, common knowledge that the gilded stamper is not
that which is shown on the label. The typical vinyl record side
contained 5 songs so the law of averages tends to work in favor of
those making up the framed presentations. Of the 8 gold records in my
discography, 2 are obviously not the same by track count. Curiously,
one of my gold records (Cheryl Lynn's "Got to Be Real") shows four
songs on the label and the gold record is the same. Perhaps I should
play it sometime to see what it actually is. That said, a friend of
mine, Rhys Clark, (Pronounced Reese) was the drummer on Billy Joel's
"Piano Man" single and the album it came from. When Rhys & his wife
were unpacking after a move, they discovered that the glass was
broken on his gold single. Rhys took the opportunity to play the
record and discovered that it was Bill Haley's "Rock Around the
Clock". Rhys told me he thought that the gold record itself was more
valuable than the record it represented! (LOL)

Cheers!

Corey Bailey
Corey Bailey Audio Engineering