It's also interesting that they do not mention any specific valuable records in
the article.

Roger

________________________________
From: Michael Biel <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Tue, August 17, 2010 11:42:20 PM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] music man murray record collection & Murray Gershenz,
music collector extraordinaire, is parting with his entire music library.

It is interesting that both these postings and the article and TV piece all
refer to the stock of a retail store as a "collection".  Over on the 78-L there
have been comments from several who have been customers and know this shop well
that the prices he asked were too high, and even the reduced price he is now
asking for the whole stock is still too high considering that it has been pawed
thru by thousands of collectors for 50 years.  I suppose that if your prices are
too high, a store's "stock" becomes a "collection"!

On 8/16/2010 7:22 PM, Rod Smear wrote:
>> This came up in today's LA times article about a local gentleman here who is
>>looking to unload his masssive collection. Apparently from edison cylinders to
>>LP's. Don't know if anyone might be interested or know someone or organization
>>willing to buy collection. Sorry i don't have a link. I guess google LA times
>>Music Man Murray records?  Rod Smear

Here's the link.
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-music-man-20100816,0,5301372.story