Hey, I can tie in "ditto" and "record player", referring to my first real job after a couple years
of paper routes (which funded my first stereo system). I worked at a hardware store that had common
ownership with 3 other True Value stores. The central warehouse was in the basement of our store and
we had an arcane internal ordering system that involved keeping item numbers and prices up to date
for seveal dozen companies and types of products. Updated sheets were duplicated and then sent out
to all the stores. I know, a rudamentary computer system would have been much more efficient! But
high school kid labor was cheap in the early 80's. So my set up was an old Gestetner system that
used a ROTATING CYLINDER with a piece of stencil paper, which was cut with a HEATED STYLUS driven by
a light-reflection photo-sensor system that "read" whatever was written on the master sheet and cut
a negative on the stencil sheet. The cuts allowed nasty, gooey, greasy ink to flow thru on the
printing press, which made what everyone in all the stores called "ditto sheets." Surprisingly, the
order-fulfillment system in the warehouse was quite efficient, we just ran one van between the
stores once a day and the motley crue of stoners down in the warehouse were very impressive in their
accuracy. Their skills at driving the van while using various substances was another matter!

-- Tom Fine