  My original posting seems to have disappeared into the ether while my
self correction came thru.  So here is the original posting (with a
correction)

On 8/26/2010 11:48 AM, Michael Biel wrote:
>  On 8/26/2010 10:48 AM, Doug Henkle wrote:
>
>>      I have been told that every 78 that ever existed has been
>> documented somewhere on-line and/or in print.
>
> WOW!!  Who told you that lie????
>
>>   I can't find it on the Web.  Where in print is the discography that
>> lists this 78, and hopefully every other recording ever made at
>> Alverno College?
>
> Probably nowhere.
>
>> The only other one I have is Mag-Na-Craft M80P-9177/8, "Organ Noel",
>> an undated LP by Sister M. Theophane, O.S.F., Director of Music at
>> Alverno.
>>

> Not undated.  The date is right there in the RCA prefix.  M is 1961.
> The rest of the prefix means  8 is Custom Re-recorded from client's
> source material.  O is Phonograph, and P is 12-inch fine groove.  From
> the looks of the high serial number, it probably is close to the end
> of the year.
>

>> http://www.folklib.net/graphics/45s/oriole_110a.gif
>> http://www.folklib.net/graphics/45s/oriole_110b.gif
>> http://www.folklib.net/graphics/45s/oriole_110j1.gif
>> http://www.folklib.net/graphics/45s/oriole_110j2.gif
>>
>>      As part of the scanning I've been doing of my Wisconsin
>> collection since January, I just did the above 78.
>>
>> "Imprimatur: MOYSES E. KILEY, Archeipiscorpus Milwaukinesis,
>> Milwakiae, die 2 Julii, 1946."
>>
>>      Can anyone translate this?  Is this the recording date, the
>> release date, or something else?

This is the church  approval for publication.  It is possible that this
is for the original written work, not this particular recording of it
since the date of the record is 1951.