I've followed the thread about Chicago's Oriole Records and RCA  custom
pressings with interest. I'd like to ask if anyone on the list can give  me
some (any) information about a custom RCA Victor LP set I have here, or  leads
to follow to learn more -- in fact anything -- about it.

  It is two LPs in an RCA Victor custom album, about which specific
details shortly. The music is identified on the spine and labels only as "Perosi
Resurrection" (an intriguing usage: him, too?). I assume that it is music by
Don  Lorenzo Perosi, a prolific composer and member of the Roman Catholic
clergy. I  have learned that among his oratorios were La Rissurezione di
Cristo and La Rissurezione di Lazzaro, both composed in 1898. This album
contains no program notes, and the labels have no details. (A program leaflet
could of course disappeared over the years.) The four labels, like the
production, are clearly RCA Victor custom ones. The matrix numbers are
E0-LCC-1407/10, so it was produced in 1950. Automatic coupling. Grey front and  back on
the album, sans lettering; a faux-leather-bound spine like all RCA  Victor
albums; large lettering there ("Perosi Resurrection"), a la 1950 RCA  Victor
78 sets; further down, the familiar "RCA Victor" and, at the bottom, the
Nipper/phonograph insignia. A handsomely done private project for the
patrons.

  The records have some abrasions and scratches, and I had trouble  playing
them with a stereo stylus when I got them decades ago, so I did nothing
with them and remember nothing. I now have mono styli et cetera, but am
currently unable to play LPs, so I regret that I can't give any more details. I
thought I'd post as many visual details as possible here.

  I like to know more about it. Any thoughts or suggestions would  be
gratefully appreciated.

  Don Tait