  Hey, Dick and Sam, while I got you both here.  Over on the 78-L we are
in the middle of a discussion of the Sholem Aleichem recording released
on Victor purple label 60144.  It contained two stories separated by a
lock-groove band "Ven Ich Bin Rothschild" and "A Freylicher Yom Tov".
It was commented that this was never doubled, that is, issued on a
2-sided disc.  But I have the first of the two stories on a black label
2-sided disc with an S/8 dubbing mark, the reverse side being
unrelated.  Neither Dick's discography or the Victor project list the
black label issue.  Do I have to go rummaging thru the basement to find
it or do either of you now know what the record number is?  And do
either of you know if the second story was likewise issued?

Here are the Victor project pages for the matrix and the 60144 to make
it easier.

http://victor.library.ucsb.edu/index.php/matrix/detail/1000001265/Trial_1915-09-07-04-If_I_were_Rothschild

http://victor.library.ucsb.edu/index.php/object/detail/84225/Victor_60144

Mike Biel  [log in to unmask]