  On 8/11/2010 1:14 PM, Robert J Hodge wrote:
> Scan the label, print it and paste it with archival glue on some otherwise useless disc of the same size.
>
> R.Hodge

Sure, why not?  The RIAA does things like this all the time!  Years ago
a performer mentioned playing his gold record award and it wasn't his
record.  Touring Graceland I had a chance to look at the matrix numbers
on some of Elvis's gold records and the numbers didn't match on any of
the ones I looked at.  Sheeesssshhh.   It's not that difficult to plan
ahead and hold aside a worn stamper to use for the award.

Mike Biel   [log in to unmask]