From: "Michael Biel" <[log in to unmask]>
>  Michael Biel wrote:
> >> Decca has been thoroughly documented by Michel Ruppli in his published
> >> discography set, although I do recall there being one sector of
> classical
> >> releases of imported masters that I wasn't able to find.
> On 8/14/2010 3:29 AM, Michel RUPPLI wrote:
>> Michael has well  reported on going work on Columbia and Victor labels,
>> as well as my past work on Decca label***
>> *** Mike: all Decca imports were included in my Decca Discography - Vol.
>> 5 pages 631-736.

Point beingt that the Decca(US) ledgers still exist (I'm not sure in their
entirety?!). And, yes, Decca(US) DID make arrangements (or use pre-
1946 matrices?!) to create a series intended to compete with Victor's
"Red Seal" series(ses) and its Columbia equivalent...?!

There WERE 20***/25*** Deccas, which drew from the above series;
these series ended c.1935-36, when Decca realized there was more
money to be made in non-classical trcordings...!

Steven C. Barr