  On 8/14/2010 9:29 PM, Steven C. Barr wrote:
> From: "Michael Biel" <[log in to unmask]>
>> published
>> classical
>> On 8/14/2010 3:29 AM, Michel RUPPLI wrote:
>>> Michael has well  reported on going work on Columbia and Victor
>>> labels, as well as my past work on Decca label***
>>> *** Mike: all Decca imports were included in my Decca Discography -
>>> Vol. 5 pages 631-736.
>>
> Point beingt that the Decca(US) ledgers still exist (I'm not sure in
> their
> entirety?!).

Unless they were caught up in the Universal Studios warehouse fire.
Nobody is telling us

> And, yes, Decca(US) DID make arrangements (or use pre-
> 1946 matrices?!) to create a series intended to compete with Victor's
> "Red Seal" series(ses) and its Columbia equivalent...?!
>
> There WERE 20***/25*** Deccas, which drew from the above series;
> these series ended c.1935-36, when Decca realized there was more
> money to be made in non-classical trcordings...!  Steven C. Barr

Yes I would assume that a series that you say ended in 1935-36 did use
"pre-1946 matrices".  And these were the series which Lennick and I
discuss later on in this posting.  We know they exist, we are wondering
if they are included somewhere in the book that we hadn't spotted.

Mike Biel   [log in to unmask]