--- On Thu, 8/19/10, Michael Biel <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> It may have run at a non-standard speed because Cinerama
> frames are six
> perforations high instead of four.  There are a number
> of Cinerama
> collectors, and one had a set-up in a Dayton, Ohio theatre
> where
> original prints were shown each weekend for about 6 years.

When Paul Allen restored the Cinerama Theater in Seattle
he restored, and installed a complete Cinerama system
including the louvered screen.  Although most of the films
shown are current releases, they show original Cinerama
prints there during the Seattle Film Festival.  I had
tickets to see "This is Cinerama" there at the grand-re-
opening of the theater, but had to be in traffic court
instead.  At least I got off. :-)