Another song that has appeared many times in many versions is "Route 66", originally recorded by Nat King Cole.  So far I have listed 250 versions.   Jack

--- On Tue, 8/24/10, Michel RUPPLI <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

From: Michel RUPPLI <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Single song discographies - Corrine Corrina
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Tuesday, August 24, 2010, 8:49 AM

This makes me remember a presentation I made to friends many years ago, when I used one of my favorite themes "How high the moon") for
illustrating a short history of jazz through various styles,instrumentaton,etc. I used maybe 20 versions by traditional band,pianist,combo,big band,chamber string band,etc and people were not tired of hearing always the same theme,but treated so diversely.
Michel Ruppli