Scan the label, print it and paste it with archival glue on some otherwise useless disc of the same size.

R.Hodge

-----Original Message-----
From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Sam Brylawski
Sent: Wednesday, August 11, 2010 9:07 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] gluing an acetate record

Do you have all the pieces? (I missed any other parts of this discussion.)
If so, or even most of them, I would hold out on completely ruining the
recording with a spray until you know that imaging technology, such as that
being developed at the Lawrence Berkeley Labs and other places, could not
restore the sound. I think that you need to protect this recording from
those who seek to destroy it in order to have something to hang on a wall.

Sam