I recently acquired a large number of record company New Records monthly brochures from the period 1938-1942, mostly 1940 and 1941. The majority of them are for classical recordings. I will be selling them but I am trying to get some idea of how common they are, and the frequency that they turn up. As well as the interest in them.  I have collected records for many years and I have very seldom seen these, although I admit I have mostly looked for ephemera related to  the various popular record styles. But I know these turn up less often than actual catalogs. These are one or two color brochures usually a large sheet folded into a small brochure, although some are stapled, with photographs and descriptions of records. All are VG to Like New. The majority are Victor, and also a large batch of Columbia, with a scattering of others and some popular.  Some have stores printed or stamped on them, mostly Los Angeles. I have a little over 100,  about 80
 classical ones with some duplication. I will probably bring the duplicates and the popular music ones (some nice Decca ones) with me to the Baltimore 78 club meeting on Sat. But the other classical I will probably sell in groups. I am actually an Amazon seller and I don't like selling on ebay so I have not decided yet how I am going to sell them.

Looking at these raises the question for me of how much work has been done on classical music discography? I am familiar with Jazz, Blues, Country, Entertainment, Dance and Gospel discographies for the pre-war period. But what about classical is there work being done, or is it part of label discography? I know that most classical 78s fall into the swill category and the preference is for scarcity or better sound quality of later periods. But still there should be discography work.

Cheryl Thurber