Roger
What,if anything,was the deal with Kapp ad Unicorn (Ernst Levy)?

Roger

________________________________
From: Michel RUPPLI <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Sat, August 14, 2010 11:51:17 PM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Victor and Columbia New Records brochures
1938-1942/Classical

Re my Decca books,I have not got any access to Decca original ledgers and based
my work on  available listings and on MCA Catalogue, which was a mine but was
not complete nor free of errors.
I confess my greatest error is the confusion I made  between the two KAPP
brothers!!!  I had not digged into the KAPP label history at that time....
I deliberately left some parts of foreign material aside, as I was not sure they
had been issued on records produced by US Decca. This includes some 20,000
records and ethnic material: information I had on those series was  limited to a
few artists and too far from completion for being valuably listed.
I have not detected custom matrix numbers used by Decca  for Commodore or
Keynote label in the early 40s (mx numbers similar to the Decca ones on those
labels do not fit the Decca mx. sequence). By the way, my goal was not to list
all labels having been produced by Decca at one time or the other.
Well, none is perfect and I have stockpiled huge lists of additions/corrections
to the books!!
Michel Ruppli
--------