From: Thomas Stern [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, August 18, 2010 08:16 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ARSCLIST] DAT tape problem

I am NOT familiar with this (DAT) technology, but will describe a situationand hope someone has a solution to the problem.I am transporting a bunch of recordings to an archive. Among the recordingsare a few DAT tapes. I was told by the provider of these recordingsthat there is a problem with the DAT tapes - a missing or defective SYNC signal.They were unable to recover the data (sound recording) on these tapes.If anyone is familiar with this problem, and knows how the recordingscan be recovered, please let me know, so I can pass the informationto the archivist.Thank you!Best wishes, Thomas.