Michele,

I'm back from a collection pickup earlier than expected.  As devoted lover
of Oxygen, I just had to check on this.

My recollection is correct.  The default keystroke for Split Element used to
be Ctrl-Alt-D, but it was remapped in Version 11.  I switched it back
because my fingers were trained.  You can map it to whatever you want using
Options > Menu Shortcut Keys.  Else, you can find the Split Element function
under Document > XML Refactoring > Split Element.

Happy element splitting,

Mike