I fear it is the same thing. No need for the xlink:type and
xlink:href. The conversion needs to be more sophisticated. I an easily
eliminate this for certain tags, but it would take a little longer to
modify the conversion to examine the context and then convert
accordingly. Well, maybe that long. The main test would be to simply
see if the DTD version has an @href. I hastily surmise.