Michele,

Oxygen can do just about anything.

Here's the keyboard shortcut to split the element where your cursor is
in Oxygen: "ctrl+alt+D" (on mac). If you want to surround highlighted
text with a tag, it's "ctrl+E", if you want to join two elements, it's
"ctrl+alt+J".

In Oxygen, you simply triple click somewhere in the tag name to
highlight the opening and closing tag as well as all the contents. If
you just want the contents within the tag, double click anywhere in
the text within the tags. If you want to delete the tags around a
block of text, it's "ctrl+alt+X".

You might check out refactoring in the Oxygen menus. Go to
Document-->XML Refactoring menu. And that should tell you what the
shortcuts are if they are different in Windows, sorry I only know the
mac ones.

Joyce

--
Joyce Chapman