Hi all,

I'm glad to hear that people are interested in turning this into a full
session. My impression was that the Program Committee was open to
non-traditional presentation formats for next year's meeting (or least it
seemed that way from Christie Peterson's announcement at the EAD roundtable
meeting). I'd suggest giving people 10 minutes each (5 minutes just wasn't
enough in my opinion) and seeing if the Program Committee would allow a few
presenters to participate instead of the standard 3-4 people. Also, one of
limitations of doing something like this as a formal program session is that
the Program Committee expects fully developed proposals with a full roster
of presenters nine months in advance, and that doesn't really allow for the
inclusion of the most recent cutting edge projects. If the program could be
anchored by 3-4 presenters with a couple additional slots reserved for last
minute additions, this would be an ideal session that meets all needs.

I'd be happy to share any experience gained during the EAD roundtable
demonstration preparations or to help in putting this session together.

Jacqie Ferry