Rod Serling says he was never able to make real science fiction

In a never-before-seen interview from 1970 that just surfaced on YouTube, The
Twilight Zone creator Rod Serling talks with SF author James Gunn about his
show, the stories he created and his own ability to actually write science
fiction.
"'Cause, see, I love science fiction, but I'm an aficionado, not a contributor,
and I say this, you know, with no stupid, dumb, dumb humility at all. I'm am
purely a Johnny-come-lately. I am perhaps the least scientifically knowledgeable
man in the whole writing group, and I bow with great deference and respect to
the real masters, you know, Asimov and Bob Heinlein and Sturgeon and all the
rest of them. And these, of course, and yourself included, because you write
pure science fiction. I can adapt science fiction I think quite adequately, but
I can't create it on an original level."

Check out the complete interview at this link:

http://blastr.com/2010/08/rod-serling-says-he-never.php