At the request of one RDA tester who is also a Voyager user, I have
made some changes to the authority-generation feature of the
cataloger's toolkit.  These changes are controlled by options and (at
least at present) only come into play when the bibliographic record
is itself coded "rda" in the 040 field.

         1) Create an 046 field from personal name $d, conference
name $d, or (as I recall) the date qualifier in a 130
         2) Create 370 from conference name $c
         3) Create 382, 383 and 384 from apropriate subfields of
name/title headings if the source bib record is for a score or sound recording

(That's the general idea but of course there's a lot of detail I'm
omitting.  For example, 046 is only created for a personal name
heading if the heading is for the name all by itself--not for
name/title headings.)

Any RDA testers who are also tookit users and who would like to give
this a whirl may contact me privately (please include the BatchCat
version number) and I'll cook up a tookit installation package to suit.

I have some ideas about automatically supplying other of the
authority 3XX fields, but I would prefer to discuss that work with
interested parties before I take any steps.  Please feel free to
contact me about this as well.

Gary L. Strawn, Authorities Librarian, etc.
Northwestern University Library, 1970 Campus Drive, Evanston IL 60208-2300
e-mail: [log in to unmask]   voice: 847/491-2788<--now even
newer!   fax: 847/491-8306
Forsan et haec olim meminisse iuvabit.         BatchCat version: 2007.22.416