Hi Martijn,

You're right there is not much publicly available about this yet. We
(the APEnet project, developing the Archives Portal Europe, and
especially the APEnet WP3 team, responsible for the Archives Portal
Europe - Europeana interoperability) have just started to map EAD
towards EDM and as Marco said it's quite a challenge. We hope to be able
to implement EAD-EDM interoperability in the beginning of next year,
after launching our Archives Portal Europe pilot in January, but to what
extend will largely depend on how much of EDM will be implemented in the
next Europeana portal release, the Danube release, due in April 2011.

For your information: for mapping EAD towards EDM and for prototyping
and implementing this, we are cooperating closely with participants of
the Europeana Connect project (www.europeanaconnect.eu), especially the
Humboldt University of Berlin and the VU University of Amsterdam. In
case you're interested I could keep you posted about our progress.

Best regards,

Wim van Dongen

Nationaal Archief - senior data manager
www.nationaalarchief.nl

APEnet - technical coordinator / WP3 leader
www.apenet.eu

P.O. Box 90520
2509 LM - The Hague
The Netherlands