Bonjour dear colleagues

Has anyone on the list ever used <materialspec> to encode the duration for sound archives or films?
For instance:
<materialspec type="dur�e">92 minutes 18 secondes</materialspec>

Does it seem proper? or would one favor <extent>? and in this case, should we use the TYPE attribute to differentiate from the classical use ("quantity") ?

The only instances of catalogs of sound recordings I have been able to find so far all put the duration in <physdesc> without any subelements, but we would like to be more precise if we could.

Thank you very much for your opinions and advice!

Fabienne Queyroux
Biblioth�que de l'Institut de France (Paris)