I wanted to provide a few updates.

We’re working on the publishing the Names.  We hope to make those available
within the next 6 months, hopefully sooner rather than later.

We’re delighted the service has been successful, assuring its continued
growth, so we’re taking the opportunity to revamp the system for the long-
term.  ID.LOC.GOV was initially designed specifically for LCSH and, though
it now accommodates a number of additional vocabularies, the system has
been _modified_ to accommodate these additions versus _designed_ with them
in mind.  The addition of Names will be part of this revamp.  In the
meantime, we’ll be making a few more vocabulary files available as SKOS
within the next 30 days:  language codes, country codes, GACs, and several
more PREMIS vocabularies.

We’ve also been working on MADS/RDF, which is an ontology that will be
perfectly compatible with SKOS, but will have better support for
identifying the types of authority records and their parts. We have had
lots of calls for more granularity.   For example, MADS/RDF will support
identifying the components of a pre-coordinated  subject heading.  At DLF
in November Kevin Ford will be presenting for review the RDF we are
targeting for LCSH and NAF.  Stabilizing that will help get the revised
system operational.  We plan to offer a choice of MADS/RDF and SKOS and
other download options.

Updates to ID as they occur will be noted on various lists.

Reminder, if you are experimenting with the ID files, please let others on
the ID list know what you are doing.  We are all interested.