Good morning, Mr. Oliver, et al.,

Firstly, thank you for all this information.  You ALL have all been most
helpful, and I appreciate it.  This information is being collected and will
be used in making final policy regarding "additions to names."

Secondly,  I have been cataloging theses and technical reports at another
institution for 24+ years.  Indeed, especially over the past 10 years, the
author's full, formal name appears less and less on the t.p. -- more
nicknames, more abbreviations to middle names, etc.  The student is required
to put their academic advisor[s] on the standardized t.p. as well.  They are
using nicknames as well.  in our catalog, advisor names are indexed, but not
controlled; hence, difficult to collocate.

We formulate the heading as to the way it appears on the chief source.

Best.

Rob.

--
Robert C.W. Hall, Jr.