Mike Tribby wrote:

> Good question. And why do the interests of the testing of RDA, whether
> entirely a sham or not, trump absolutely every other priority?

Probably because, for better or worse, RDA has been published; not at the
urging of the cataloging world at large, but at the urging of the publishers
themselves.  It's here, it's apparently already been accepted (if not yet
implemented) in various places around the globe, and I really don't think
it's going to go away.  As I understand it, the North American (U.S. only?)
community is the only place that is in such an uproar.  I think it's really
in our best interest to take the test as seriously as possible and gain as
much from it as we can.

Kevin M. Randall
Principal Serials Cataloger
Bibliographic Services Dept.