Mary,

7xx fields in authority records are a component of the U.S. RDA Test.
For details, see the document at
http://www.loc.gov/catdir/cpso/RDAtest/admindoc1.doc

It is my understanding that these fields will be used for automated BFM
at some point after the test has concluded. I would venture to say you
could disregard them in your local database management workflow.

Cheers,
Casey

--
Casey A. Mullin
Discovery Metadata Librarian

--

"Those who need structured and granular data and the precise retrieval that results from it to carry out research and scholarship may constitute an elite minority rather than most of the people of the world (sadly), but that talented and intelligent minority is an important one for the cultural and technological advancement of humanity. It is even possible that if we did a better job of providing access to such data, we might enable the enlargement of that minority."
-Martha Yee