Kevin M. Randall <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> As I understand it, the North American (U.S. only?)
> community is the only place that is in such an uproar.  I think it's really
> in our best interest to take the test as seriously as possible and gain as
> much from it as we can.

According to one presentation I read[1], a number of European
countries are waiting for the results of the U.S. test--and
translations of RDA--before making any kind of move.  Another
presentation has some information on RDA implementation by non-U.S.
Anglo libraries[2].

[1] "RDA in Europe: making it happen : summary of presentations by
European countries on plans for moving to RDA" at
<http://www.slainte.org.uk/eurig/meetings.htm>.

[2] "RDA and plans: Australia, Canada, UK, & US" at the same site.

--
Mark K. Ehlert                 Minitex
Coordinator                    University of Minnesota