This is a subject I think about a lot.  We contribute a lot of name authority records for Senate nominees--these are as a result of nomination hearings.  These hearings include biographical questionnaires that the nominees fill out for the Senate committee holding the hearing. The questionnaires are very helpful to us (they contains full names, nicknames, maiden names, birthdate, birthplace, educational institutions, etc.) but I have wondered about identity theft, myself.  I have seen recently in some hearings that certain biographical information is being redacted.  In this era of identity theft, it is probably not a bad idea.

Betsy Moon
Cataloging Supervisor
U.S. Senate Library
SRB-15, Senate Russell Office Bldg.