From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of D. Brooking
Sent: Monday, October 25, 2010 1:21 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [PCCLIST] Theses name headings and privacy concerns

I only put the year of birth, if it is necessary for resolving a conflict.
That is, if it will be part of the heading. (We usually don't have that
info unless we ask for it specifically, and we only ask if we need to
resolve a conflict.)

So I only put the info that I need for the heading in the 670. I leave out
the month and day of birth if I don't need it.

Diana Brooking             (206) 685-0389
Cataloging Librarian       (206) 685-8782 fax
Suzzallo Library           [log in to unmask]
University of Washington
Box 352900
Seattle WA  98195-2900