All of this is already freely available on the Web in such public-information databases as

·         BirthDatabase.com (http://www.birthdatabase.com)

·         US Search.com (http://www.ussearch.com)

·         USA People Search (http://www.usa-people-search.com/)

·         PeopleFinders.com (http://www.peoplefinders.com/)

·         PublicRecordsNOW (http://www.publicrecordsnow.com/)

which Idaho State University regularly uses in its authority work—particularly for theses and dissertations. Any concern with identify theft should begin with these databases, not with vitas submitted by graduate students.

Philip A. Homan, MA, MLS

Associate Professor

Catalog Librarian

Eli M. Oboler Library